Saturday, April 18, 2009

A finish and some WIPS

I have been stitching a lot this year, but I've been doing bigger projects rather than my typical small ones. I decided that I've pretty much run out of space for smaller pieces and since larger ones take longer, I'll stitch those for awhile. Makes total sense to my stitcher brain, of course my DH wants to know what I'm going to do with all the BIG pieces. Pffffffffthhht to him!

The first picture is a piece I actually got paid to do, it's a baby sampler done stitching three pairs of Sue Hillis' baby shoes with the baby info. I stitched it on a blue Silkweaver's solo on 32 ct with one thread over two. I used DMC for this one.

The next is Lizzie Kate's ABC Lessons done on Platinum Cashel w/ Crescent Colors and DMC in the colors recommended by the designer.

Finally is my Weihenberg Mystery Sampler from 2008 which isn't a mystery anymore but I started stitching it this year. I stitched it on 35 ct. mushroom linen from HDF. I'm stitching it over two with one thread of HDF Acts of Violets with DMC variations for the letters.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog world! Love the LK ABC's...can't wait to add that to my collection. Your kitty is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Tracey. There are lots of stitchers with blogs. I'm adding your blog to my "blogs I like to visit section".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! Great job stitching. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete