Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's been forever!

I thought I'd do a better job with blogging, but it seems like my life is either too hectic or so boring I have nothing to share. A lot has happened since December, both good and bad. On the good side, my DS Dylan finished elementary school and is going to intermediate school in a regular classroom. He made all A's and B's this year, which is a major feat as he has always been in a self contained classroom for children with Asperger's Syndrome or Autism. This past year for the first time he was mainstreamed into a regular classroom with a para professional in the classroom. He is my pride and joy and I am so blessed with his progress and his determination to excel.

On the not so good side, my DH Darrell had to have open heart surgery in June. He had a rough few months, but he is back to his normal self and for that we are blessed as well. He is better than ever and the doctor told me he's good for another 20 years :) Yay!

I have been stitching, if nothing else and I'm going to share my finishes. First is Cherished Stitches Halloween Quaker. I fell in love with this design and had to have it. I stitched it on Golden Honey linen from Silkweaver's with HDF in colors I picked myself.
The next finish is Rosewood Manor's Quaker Diamonds. I stitched this on 28ct Fairy Dust cashel with Valdani threads. It was a really fun stitch, I loved watching this come to life.This is Lizzie Kate's Cat Lessons For People. I stitched this on an overdyed Laguna that was in my stash with DMC threads. I changed the kitty to be black like our cat. These designs stitch up fast and look adorable when done.

This is All in a Heart from Sharon Crescent- It was stitched in Crescent Colors on an evenweave. I stitched this for my Honey for Valentines Day and it has a lot of meaning now with his heart surgery.
Finally, these are all the LHN Ornaments from this year. I have a few left to stitch, I put them aside to stitch a baby sampler but hopefully I'll get the chance to pick them up again soon. These were quick and fun as well, I used some fabric from my stash, but most of it I bought with the pattern from Down Sunshine Lane.

2 comments: