Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

So many people think that holidays like Mother's Day is just a commercial way for the greeting card industry to make a few extra dollars. Maybe it is, but for me Mother's Day reminds me to remember my Mom and some of the things she's taught me.

My Mom made sure that I understood that in this world a woman needs to make their own way and needn't, no mustn't be soley dependent on anyone else.

She encouraged me to be independent, yet to be loving and giving to others.

She taught me that nice does matter.

She taught me that laughter could cure a lot of ills.

She taught me that hard work can open doors.

She taught me that failures are only life lessons.

Thanks Mom and thanks to all of the women in my life that have reinforced her lessons and helped me grow and learn to this day.

1 comment:

  1. Nice things to be taught - hope yours and your Mother's Day is great!

    ReplyDelete